Home Uncategorized Receiver manager petitions IG over alleged unions threat

Receiver manager petitions IG over alleged unions threat


The receiver manager for Arik air, Mr. Oluseye Opasanya, SAN, has petitioned the inspector General of police over threat to life by the 3 unions in the aviation sector.

The unions are, National union of air transport employees, NUATE, Air transport services senior staff association, ATSSSAN and the National association of aircraft pilots and engineers, NAAPE.

Mr. Opasanya was appointed as Receiver/Manager over all the assets and entire undertakings ofArik Air Limited (Arik Air) pursuant to a Deed of Appointment dated 06 February 2017 by the Asset Management company of nigeria, AMCON.

According to the General secretary, NAAPE, Mr. Ocheme Aba, they were, ( the 3 unions)invited to a meeting by the receiver manager to discuss pending issues involving unionization and payment of staff salaries inherited by the present management with a view to resolve them.

On getting there, he explained further that they were given a ‘scrapped’ paper to write their names for attendance and they raised a complain and offered to give them a clean sheet if they did not have one.

Mr. Aba said to their surprise the receiver manager insisted that since they came at his invitation and do not accept whatever he had offered threatened to call off the meeting.

” we raised an eyebrow and offered to give them a clean sheet of paper if they didn’t have one, meaning it to be a joke, to our surprise, the receiver manager insisted that if do not take what he had offered and if do not take time, he would call off the meeting, he called off the meeting and called security to walk us out of his office and premises and the same person turned around to report to the police that we are threatening him”.

The NAAPE General secretary said along with other General secretaries of the other unions were invited by the police to response to complaints from Arik management over threat to life at Beesam police station.

“We are going to the station again, we were there early this morning and we are going back there”.

When contacted, spokesman to AMCON, Mr. Jude Nwauzor said he was not aware of the situation and requested the receiver manager be contacted.
All efforts to reach the receiver manager proved unsuccessful as at the time of filling this report.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here