The International Partners for Aviation Development, Innovation and
Sustainability (iPADIS) and the Latin American Civil Aviation Commission (LACAC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that establishes a framework for mutual cooperation on the future sustainable development of civil aviation in Latin America
“This timely agreement reflects our shared objective of ensuring the continued contribution of air transport to economic growth and social progress throughout Latin America, especially as the air transport industry recovers from the disastrous impact of the COVID 19 pandemic”, commented Dr. Olumuyiwa Benard Aliu, founding President of iPADIS.
“Of paramount importance for iPADIS is that aviation related policies and programmes at the international, regional and national levels incorporate the views and interests of all users and meet the needs and expectations of civil society”, he added.
“The global crisis we all face reminds us most emphatically that, without cooperation, it will be impossible to recover from the pandemic and ensure the continued economic and social
development of our respective countries. In that context, LACAC is focused on all efforts aimed at a revitalized and future-oriented civil aviation sector”, indicated Mr. Armando Daniel, President of LACAC.
The iPADIS-LACAC agreement focuses on seven specific air transport areas:
- Development of international civil aviation in the Latin American region and globally in an
innovative, sustainable, and socially responsible manner;
- Environmental sustainability of the aviation industry;
- Progressive aviation technologies, including: drones; urban air mobility; electric, hydrogen and
solar powered aircraft; e-passports, e-commerce, bio-metrics and other digitization process; cyber
security; block-chain; and artificial intelligence;
- Youth development and gender equality in international civil aviation;
- Accessibility to persons with disabilities, humanitarian assistance, and prevention of sexual
harassment, unruly behaviors, human trafficking, transport of illicit substances and endangered
- Robust protection for the rights of consumers, victims of accidents, and the general public; and
- Overall advocacy efforts to promote aviation as an indisputable enabler of sustainable
development and the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals