The National Executive Council of NAAPE, NUATE and ATSSSAN has directed the commencement of a joint strike action at Arik air with effect from today Tuesday December 20th, 2016.
In a statement signed by the General Secretaries of the unions, they insisted that the strike will continue indefinitely until the following conditions were fully realised.
1. The management of Arik Air allows total unionisation of its employees in compliance with extant labour laws and with respect to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
2. The management of Arik Air recalls all sacked employees who has been victimised for their roles in the effort to bring about unionisation in Arik Air.
3. Payment of salary arrears of seven months with commitment to pay salaries as at when due hence forth.
4. Immediate review of all employee remunerations which have remained the same since inception of Arik Air over ten years ago.
5. Immediate commencement of negotiations of Conditions of Service to be concluded within four (4) weeks.
6. Remittance of Pension, Tax, and statutory deductions to the appropriate authorities.
7. The management of Arik complies with Nigerian Expatriate Quota law.
“Towards the full realisation of the strike action, all aviation workers, in complete solidarity with their enslaved comrades in Arik Air shall withdraw all services being rendered by third parties. The aviation workers will be supported by Nigerian workers from all other sectors throughout Nigeria to underscore the seriousness of the matter at hand”.
“In the above respect, all ground handling services, security clearance for Arik Air ticket holders, marshaling, aviation fuel supply, air traffic control, safety inspection, etc will be completely withdrawn”
They implored all Arik Air employees, aviation workers, and other stakeholders to ensure full compliance with this directive.